Self-assessment tax returns

You must complete a self-assessment income tax return if you are in business, either as a self-employed person or as a company director.

News image

A guide to tax penalties

Tax penalties can be incurred if you make careless errors, while deliberate tax evasion or fraud can be treated severely - so avoid penalties.