Welcome to our 'popular' page with links to our most read features and information plus hot topics. Keep checking here to see what's new.
- Common VAT problems - VAT can be straightfrward, but there are some areas where it is easy to make mistakes. In this briefing, we assume you understand the basics and concentrate on some of the more unexpected pitfalls
- Home expenses to claim when you're self-employed - if you work from home as a sole-trader did you know you can claim for your rent, mortgage, council tax, phone, heat, light and repairs? Find out more in our set of FAQs
- Selling a business and tax relief options - explore your tax relief options if you're planning to sell your business to try and avoid a substantial tax bill
- Tax investigations - if HMRC suspects your tax returns are inaccurate, you may face an investigation. If you're worried, our guidance can give you an idea of what to expect but in this situation, always seek professional advice
- Simple book-keeping - read our clear concise guidance on how to make your accountancy paperwork easier