Welcome to our 'popular' page with links to our most read features and information plus hot topics. Keep checking here to see what's new.
- Commercial property taxes - Understanding business property taxes can help ensure that you take advantage of any available tax reliefs and that you aren’t caught out by unexpected commercial property tax charges.
- Company cars and tax - Although the number of company cars is dropping year on year, they remain one of the most popular employee benefits. Read about how employees and employers are currently taxed on company cars, ways to reduce the tax paid and the difference between buying and leasing.
- VAT registration - If you register for VAT with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), you must charge VAT on any goods and services you sell that are subject to VAT. VAT registration also allows you to reclaim some or all of the VAT you pay on purchases.
- PAYE - PAYE (Pay As You Earn) is the system used by employers to handle tax and National Insurance contributions due on employees’ pay. Detailed PAYE tax calculations and processes can be complex, but payroll services or software can deal with most of the paperwork for you.
- Q&A: Should you turn your sole-trader business into a company? - Chartered accountant Elaine Clark of CheapAccounting.co.uk provides answers to key questions about when to turn a sole trader business into a company.