Welcome to our 'popular' page with links to our most read features and information plus hot topics. Keep checking here to see what's new.
- Company cars and tax - Although the number of company cars is dropping year on year, they remain one of the most popular employee benefits. Read about the tax implications for your business and employees in this guide
- Q&A Should you turn your sole-trader business into a company? - Chartered accountant Elaine Clark of CheapAccounting.co.uk provides answers to key questions about when to turn a sole trader business into a company
- Export VAT and tax - The key UK export tax is export VAT on sales. Read about when and how this and other export taxes apply with exports both to the EU and non-EU countries
- Home expenses to claim when you're self employed FAQs - what expenses sole traders can claim when working from home including rent, mortgage, council tax, phone, heat, light and repairs
- Do you have a second income? - watch this HMRC video which explains how you may be classed as both employed and self employed and how you may be required to register as self employed and complete a self assessment tax return