Courtesy navigation

The Construction Industry Scheme

The Construction Industry Scheme{{}}

The Construction Industry Scheme affects businesses involved in construction — either as contractors or subcontractors. It also affects businesses that aren't part of the industry, but which spend large amounts on construction work. The Construction Industry Scheme sets special rules for how tax and National Insurance contributions are dealt with when paying subcontractors.

The Construction Industry Scheme >>

Summer Budget coverage

Summer Budget coverage{{}}

The Chancellor, George Osborne, delivered the first Tory budget for 19 years this month and he managed to pull out a few surprises.

Find our budget Tweets, blogs, news and reviews.

Summer Budget coverage >>

Tax investigations

Tax investigations{{}}

“You may find it best to deal with as much as possible in writing, through your accountant, rather than having telephone conversations or unaccompanied meetings with the tax inspector”

Tax investigations >>

Grow your business with Scoot

Scoot logo{{}}

With 7m searches per month, Scoot operates the UK's largest online business directory network. Scoot is part of the US-based family, leading provider of internet services and online marketing solutions for SMEs.

Claim your free listing today >>

Advice for would-be exporters

EU flags puzzle{{}}

Looking to grow your business by expanding into overseas markets? If so, see our guidance for international traders on export VAT and tax responsibilities and international tax planning. You can also find a range of Free Open to Export webinars >>

Syndicate content